Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Round 8 Take 3

Marc's numbers were up. He needs to be 1.5 and he had gone from 1.4 to 1.6. Not as much as in the past, but we'll take it. He's looking forward to being finished - four more treatments. Next appointment is on the 19th.

In all my spare time, I read Rhett Butler's People. If you are a fan of Gone with the Wind, you must read this book. I love the movie, but have never read the original book. I know, I know it's a classic.... So, now it's on my Christmas list. Sometimes I do things backwards.

It's report card time. Ick. Assessments take so much time. It's good though. I have so many kids who scored so much higher on their insect post-test. Some of the answers were so cute. In the pre-test, one boy labeled the grasshopper's nes(knees). Did you know grasshoppers have knees? In the post-test in answer to how you know something is an insect, one boy wrote "if it has sexe (six) legss." His mom will laugh - she's a teacher. My favorite is in answer to what a "life cycle" is - one boy wrote "haw (how) he graws (grows) up." AWWW, so cute. He was one of my most improved 6/18 to 15/18.

No comments: